Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taco Omelet for dinner

I know I'm not alone in thinking that sometimes, eggs and other common breakfast fare are just too rich for the morning, not to mention that around the holidays the morning hours can be a bit rough.


Which is why I allow breakfast to make a regular appearance on the dinner table, especially since I'm still trying to master the Calphalon pans that I bought myself for Christmas.

Looks like I have the omelet down, eh? Yes, she's a beaut, and I didn't even have to use any grease in the pan, which was definitely a good thing since it was filled with leftover taco meat from our New Year's Eve Mexican fiesta.

I also added a bunch of spinach that I first blanched in about an inch of salted water until it was wilted (about a minute), then quickly rinsed with cold water to stop the cooking. While chopping the spinach and 2 scallions, I heated about 1/2 c. of leftover taco meat in a pan, then added the spinach and the white and light green parts of the scallions to heat them through.

That made enough filling for two very full 2- to 3-egg omelets, and don't forget to add a little cheddar cheese. Top them with sour cream, hot sauce and the green parts of the scallions, and you've got a breakfast for dinner (or for breakfast!).

No comments:

Post a Comment