Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Scenes from Thanksgiving

Well, I didn't get to host the Thanksgiving festivities this year after all, but I think I might have been just as tired from traveling first to Olympia and then to Portland for two nights of feasting.

Don't we look hungry here?


And check out this beautiful bird Stephen brined and Charlie butchered.


I made the Creamed Haricot Vert and Corn Casserole, which I didn't get a photo of because I was too busy stuffing my face by the time it was done. It was quite delicious, though, as was everything.

We were almost still full on Day 2, but then we found out that there was a chef in the house:


As if I had to tell you.

In addition to these mouth-watering photos, I also have a prized recipe to share, even if I didn't bring it to either party. But it did go well with all of the leftovers Stephen sent us home with!

Mai Ling's Mashed Potatoes
3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
4 T. unsalted butter, room temperature and cut in chunks
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature and cut in chunks
1/2 c. sour cream, room temperature
2/3 c. warm milk
Salt and pepper, to taste

Boil potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, then gently pour back into the pot to shake off excess moisture.

Blend the potatoes with a hand or stand mixer, and slowly add the unsalted butter, cream cheese and sour cream until well blended. Gradually add in milk until the desired consistency is reach, then add salt and pepper to taste.

P.S. Do you like my new blog template? I don't, but at least it has the attributes I want again. Hopefully I'll be changing it around so that it suits me a bit better someday ...

No comments:

Post a Comment