Monday, August 16, 2010

Montreal Steak brings out the BBQ


If barbecuing when the barometer tops 70 in Seattle is obligatory, when it's over 90, it's a necessity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that the sun finally came out in Seattle (although I am glad it is supposed to rain and get rid of all this smog next weekend!), but without the air-conditioning that the rest of America has, we have to be a little more creative about how to keep our house cool. And that means no indoor cooking unless it's in the early morning or late at night when we can finally open the windows and let in the cool air.

So I've been a barbecuing machine all weekend, getting creative in the kitchen with just how I can barbecue absolutely everything.

And my new spice of choice for this culinary adventure? Montreal Steak Seasoning, which I started using on Nate's recommendation to replace my prior oft-used combination of salt and Mrs. Dash Garlic Seasoning, which I recently ran out of. And since the steak seasoning is basically made of salt and other spices that I frequently use, including garlic, black pepper and red pepper, it just kind of makes my work easier.

I used it on everything last night. First I sprinkled it on a couple of nice T-Bone steaks before marinating them in this sauce for 6 hours. I also sprinkled it on the corn, which I first coated with olive oil before wrapping it with foil. And I added it to cut-up potatoes tossed with olive oil and green onions, also wrapped in foil.

And here it all is on the grill before it ended up in our bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment