Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome spring with morel quiche


Even if Nicole does make fun of me for getting Sunset magazine and says it reminds her of her mother, I can't help but like reading it. Besides, I don't want it to go the wayside like Gourmet did last year, and the only way to keep that from happening is to buy the print edition.

If I'd just let the Internet work its magic, I probably never would have stumbled across this recipe for Asparagus and Morel Quiche that was part of Sunset's Easter package. However, as scrumptious as it all looked, I think I'll have to pass on the Baked Ham with Meyer Lemon-Spice Glaze because there is just no way I'm squeezing five of those tiny little lemons.

It would have made a lovely Easter meal, though. Quiche is always an Easter hit around our house, even if it is crustless like the one we had over the weekend. I am simply not a fan of crust. But this one I would definitely make again. Ten tbsp. butter, 1-1/2 c. flour and an egg, you just can't go wrong with a recipe like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment