Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy yummy Easter!


As much as I miss the paycheck, there are definitely some bonuses to my new un-schedule, such as not working Sundays.

It's been a while since the family has gathered to celebrate Easter together, but we had the pleasure this weekend of spending the holiday at my brother's new house, and even better that his roommate made an uncooked ham that was sweet and savory, juice and delicious.

I brought a few necessary side dishes, including the above Baked Spinach and Gruyere, shown at right uncooked. I've made this for a few holiday occasions, and it's always a hit. It's basically a quiche without the crust, but I think it's just as delicious and a lot easier to make.

My favorite part of the meal, though was the dessert. No, the photo at left is not just a simple potted plant -- it's a delicious twist on cookies and cream. I don't mind eating a little dirt if it's actually crumbled cookies, especially when mixed with vanilla pudding.





Worms, not so bad either. I'd like to say that Koshare assured us the pot and trowel weren't simply taken from her gardening shed and quickly rinsed off, but we got nothing of the sort. A little mystery never hurt anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment