Friday, February 25, 2011

Pancetta Chicken with Lemon Fries is a beaut


Is that the most gorgeous chicken breast you've ever seen or what? And the fries, yes, they tasted as good as they look. Why the recipe for Pancetta Chicken with Lemon Fries has been sitting, ignored, in my recipe book since my days at the Seattle P-I, I do not know.

Well, honestly, even though the recipe was quite easy for looking so gorgeous, it actually required quite a bit of teamwork. I called in Bryan to make the fries using our mandoline, which always takes a bit of time to figure out. Meanwhile, I carefully wrapped the chicken (with prosciutto because it's what I had, but I will definitely be using pancetta next time!), not only on both ends but also on the bottom.

By the way, Bryan and I both ate the best bite first. You know what I'm talking about, the one shown at the very bottom of the picture, wrapped in succulent prosciutto. And for the rest of the chicken, we had the lovely pan drippings (shown on the top left) to keep every bite just as flavorful and moist.

The greens: broccollini, mixed with 2 t. extra-virgin olive oil, zest of one lemon, and kosher salt/garlic salt/Mrs. Dash Garlic Seasoning to taste, roasted for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment